Nikon announced in a May 1st press release that they added 10 more distinguished photographers to their Nikon Ambassador program. The photographers, listed below, cover a wide variety of specialties and focus areas. They join 23 other photographers who are already Nikon Ambassadors.
These ambassadors work, according to the press release, “to empower creatives through education and inspiration, while working directly with Nikon to communicate valuable insights of the evolving industry.”
Notably, the added photographers bring diversity to the group.
Here are the new ambassadors and their specialties:
- Chris Hershman (@chrishershman): Chris Hershman is a filmmaker, photographer, and musician. He specializes in music and the arts. To see some of his film work, check out his Vimeo page.
- Julia Kelleher (@JuliaKelleher): Julia Kelleher is known for her maternity, newborn and family work. She is also well-known as a teacher and writer. (And make sure to read her piece on being chosen as a Nikon Ambassador!)
- Keith Ladzinski (@ladzinski): Besides for Keith Ladzinski‘s amazing wildlife and nature work, he’s also known for advertising and extreme sport photography.
- Rod Mar (@rodmarphoto): Action and sports photographer Rod Mar is the team photographer for the Seattle Seahawks. See his photo blog, “Eye on the Hawks” for more inspiration.
- Kristi Odom (@kristiodom): Kristi Odom is a versatile wedding, portrait, and wildlife photographer. Her shooting styles often cross genres. It’s typical for her to take portrait style photos of wild animals, for example.
- Todd Owyoung (@toddowyoung): With a knack for capturing the iconic moment of any performance, music photographer Todd Owyoung has created a portfolio that’s sure to bring back memories for any music fan. He’s also a long-time educator, writing posts on his blog, “I Shoot Shows,” since 2007.
- Stacy Pearsall (@slpearsall): Starting as an Air Force photographer and photojournalist, Stacy Pearsall began her Veterans Portrait Project (VPP) while recovering from injuries sustained in combat.
- Charmi Peña (@charmipena): Wedding and portrait photographer Charmi Peña is known for her treatment of Indian weddings. Examples of her cutting-edge compositions are on her website, charmipena.com.
- Jen Rozenbaum (@JenRozenbaum): Portrait and boudoir photographer Jen Rozenbaum makes a point of bringing out the inner femininity of each client, while spreading a message – a movement – of being “shamelessly feminine.”
- Deb Sandidge (@debsandidge): Deb Sandidge is a travel photographer and educator whose photos tell stories of the places she visits. Reviewing her website, it’s hard to imagine that there’s a place on earth that she hasn’t already been to.
In all, Nikon has chosen an incredible group of photographers and educators to add to the Nikon Ambassador program. As Nikon puts it, “what binds them all is a commitment to move the imaging industry forward through knowledge sharing, guidance for the imaging community and a mastery of technology and trends.”
We look forward to seeing more of what these photography masters will be sharing with us!